Are you a local West Lothian employer? Does your workforce include any of the following: Foundation Apprentices, Modern Apprentices, Graduate Apprentices? Do you want to empower your Apprentices to lead and deliver a project which benefits the local community? If so then this challenge could be for you!
The Scottish Apprenticeship Challenge recognises the skills and creativity of apprentices and allows them to showcase their contribution to the local community.
Individual apprentices or teams of apprentices (up to 8 apprentices in a team) can participate, depending upon the project being undertaken. More information about last year's winners can be found here: https://www.apprenticeships.scot/take-on-an-apprentice/apprenticeship-challenge/
Registration closes on Friday 25th May 2018. Keen to get involved or to find out more? Please contact the DYW Team on 01506 414 808 or email email@example.com for a fact sheet and registration form.
Previous projects which have been undertaken include:
* Upgrading of nursery school play equipment
* Creating environmental educational tours of business facilities for school teachers
* Make a sensory table for care home residents suffering with dementia and Alzheimer’s
* Refurbishing the entrance to a city farm
* Holding a music event to raise money for a local homeless charity
Benefits for employers
* Supports the local community and delivers on Corporate Social Responsibility
* Helps raise the profile of the business
* Enables the business to improve the skills of each apprentice e.g. soft skills such as team work and learning about different aspects of delivering a project
* Can be incorporated into existing partnership with a local charity or organisation, to build on the relationship and support.