Job Type: Entry Level
What you need to know: Closes 29/06/21
John Bean Technologies Corporation (JBT) is a leading global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food processing industry. We design, manufacture, test and service technologically sophisticated systems and products for customers within the food manufacturing industry throughout the world.
Why our Apprentice Fabrication Welder Program
Our team are made up of experienced time served Welders and Fabricators who are dedicated to passing on the knowledge and skills to our apprentices.
As an apprentice Welder Fabricator, you will attend college 4 days per week and the workplace, based at our Livingstone site, Heather Park, Kirkton Road South, Livingston, one day per week in your first year.
Your apprentice program will focus on the following;
• Year 1 - Completing Performing Engineering Operations (PEO) SVQ Level 2 & NC Modules
• Year 2, 3 & 4 - Training in the workplace, working towards an SVQ level 3.
You will attend West Lothian College and therefore will need to have your own transport or use of public transport when commuting to work or college when term starts.
What will I learn?While at College
• Attend college 4 days per week and your workplace once per week at the times associated with the qualification and agreed by tutors and managers
• Complete the required work associated with module assessments in a timely manner, raising issues early when not meeting required deadlines
While at Work
• Work with time served colleagues on how to safely set and operate shop floor machinery
• Accurately measuring and working to the product specification tolerances
• Develop MIG and TIG welding to a high standard
• Ensure work areas kept tidy
• Any other tasks required by Production Team
What qualification or qualities are required?
The ideal JBT Apprentice Welder Fabricator will have the following;
• Hold a minimum of 4 National 5’s (or equivalent) or above such as Maths, English, Science or Technical Studies and/or a relevant NC qualification.
• Strong IT skills when using a variety of Microsoft Packages
• A desire to want a long-term career as a Fabrication Welder
• Good communication skills to ultimately liaise with colleagues and tutors
• An interest/understanding of technologies and engineering
1st Stage Recruitment Process
Please apply by sending us your CV along with a covering letter telling us why you believe you’re the right person to join our Apprenticeship program.
2nd Stage Recruitment Process
After the closing date we will review all applications, selecting those who will progress forward to the 2nd stage which is an Aptitude & Situational Judgement Test.
3rd Stage Recruitment Process
At this stage we will have selected the final candidates for interview. The interview will take place at our Livingston site and involve the hiring managers.
If you have any questions relating to the Apprenticeship program, please contact Samantha Boslem, HR Business Partner at email@example.com
Apply by clicking below.