Job Type: Apprenticeship
What you need to know: Closes 17/02/2020, Start date September 2020
Collaborating with leading software developers, tech analysts and technology experts. Working on a product that changes how millions of people watch their favourite shows. There’s only one place where you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
Join our Technology programme and you’ll spend two years taking on varied roles, rising to unique challenges and working on the kind of exciting projects you just don’t find anywhere else. All while discovering first-hand how we bring millions of people the entertainment they know and love.
What you’ll be doing
Join one of two teams:
• UK Information Systems/ Sky Business Technology: get to know our Software Engineering functions, covering testing, automation, technical analysis, operational support and development. Find out how we provide solutions and services to our contact centre and engineer communities. And how we support the various online and interactive services for 11 million UK customers.
• Infrastructure Operations: we are the lifeblood of Sky’s critical internal and external systems, designing, delivering and supporting our IT infrastructure which includes servers, databases, data storage and batch processing systems. Join as an apprentice and you'll be part of our dynamic team helping us to maintain a world class operation. We will provide a great environment for you to further your learning and showcase your talents.
• Service Operations: get to know our Service Operations functions; covering Incident, Change, Config, Problem, Monitoring, Release and Service Management. Find out how we bring together Sky Technology support teams and business stakeholders to ensure our products have high service availability, drive service protection and ensure our customers have an excellent experience
What you’ll need to be
• Passionate about technology and our brand
• Collaborative and great with people
• A self-starter, resilient when it gets hectic
• A problem-solver
• Approachable and adaptable
When to apply
The current closing date for applications is 17th February 2020. But things move quickly around here, so apply now to avoid disappointment.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. We work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. That’s why we’ve ranked first in the Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers List.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
The perks are pretty fantastic too. Excellent pension, private healthcare and a share save scheme. Plus the Sky Q premium TV package of course. What’s not to love?
Sky have an insight evening on Tuesday 11th Feb where potential applicants can come in, talk to current apprentices, learn about the application process and meet our electronic buddies Marty and Micro. You must register to attend this evening on - https://careers.sky.com/earlycareers/insightdays/#toggle-id-6
Apply by clicking below.