Job Type: Apprenticeship
What you need to know: Closes 02/10/2021
LTSB’s vision is “a world where all young people flourish, regardless of their background.”
We’ve partnered with NatWest Group because we’re looking for young people who are passionate about customer service to join Contact Centre apprenticeship opportunities with the bank through 2021.
We are offering places on two-week interactive bootcamps where you will receive employability training and insight into NatWest Group’s contact centre roles, followed by work experience at the bank’s centres.
Roles are available in Edinburgh and Greenock
After successfully completing the bootcamp and work experience you will immediately have an interview for an apprenticeship and permanent job.
What might a day in this job look like?
You’ll be the first point of support for NatWest Group’s personal banking customers in one of the bank’s telephony banking teams.
The bank will look to you to deliver excellent service to its customers, keeping their needs and financial goals in mind at all times.
You’ll be educating customers in the different ways they can do their banking and supporting them in choosing the options that work best for them.
In this role you’ll be applying your customer service expertise when dealing with and referring customer queries. Whether it’s carrying out day-to-day banking transactions like paying bills, or helping customers identify products and services that are right for them, you’ll be on the other end of the phone to take their calls.
You’ll need to be flexible and work a rotating shift pattern.
Your hours of work will be between the hours of 7am and 9pm Monday to Sunday. You’ll be required to work 2 in 3 weekends and bank holiday working is a feature of this role.
NatWest Group will discuss your hours in more detail during the interview stage.
What will I learn?
Free two-week bootcamp delivered online
Interaction with NatWest Group staff during the bootcamp to give you an insight into the role and the culture of the bank.
Work experience at the contact centre in the location to which you’re applying – including an allowance for travel and lunch.
An interview for the Contact Centre apprenticeship and permanent role
Salary for successful candidates: £19,125
On the apprenticeship you’ll study to gain a qualification while putting new skills to use in work, earning a competitive salary, and being supported professionally through the programme.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
We are looking for young people aged 16– 24 (if you are care experienced or disabled you can apply up to the age of 29), who are passionate about building a career in customer experience in the Contact Centre telephony and complaints teams at NatWest Group. You don’t need previous experience, but you do need to show evidence of a genuine interest in the sector.
• 16-24 years old, if you are care experienced or disabled you can apply up to the age of 29
• Educated at a state school
• You may have been entitled to Free School Meals or Pupil Premium at some point in your education (English schools)
• We are looking for young people with a passion for learning and helping customers have the best experience. There is no minimum academic criteria although Maths and English National 5 qualifications in Scotland would be an advantage
• It would be ideal if you can provide evidence of your grade A-C or Level 4, Maths and English National 5 results, but this is not essential. If you didn’t manage to achieve the grades or can’t provide evidence of your qualifications, NatWest Group will help you to obtain them during your apprenticeship.
• Dedication and passion for helping customers is vital. You’ll be a real people person, with excellent listening and communication skills.
We’re also looking for you to demonstrate:
• The determination to go the extra mile for customers every day to provide that truly personal service
• Great listening skills to understand the needs of the customer, along with the ability to empathise with your customer’s situation and remain calm under pressure
• The ability to handle large volumes of calls and achieve quality results while maintaining high levels of detail
• Good numerical and organisational skills
• The determination to take ownership of your career, learning and developing new skills
• The apprenticeship programme is open to people of any background. It’s a fantastic alternative to full time education, and a unique opportunity to become part of a diverse, challenging and exciting organisation.
Apply by clicking below.