Job Type: Apprenticeship
What you need to know: Closes 19th April
Scottish Procurement Alliance (SPA) is offering a development opportunity, for an enthusiastic individual who may, or may not have previous procurement experience but who is eager to develop their commercial knowledge and skills set in a challenging environment. This role provides the ideal entry point to an ever growing profession.
SPA is keen to develop young talent and this is the first Modern Apprenticeship opportunity offered.
This role will develop over time, gaining an understanding of general public sector procurement, specialising in Framework Agreements for the construction, refurbishment and maintenance of social housing and public buildings throughout Scotland.
The role will nurture an individual’s ability to provide an advisory service to our Clients on all aspects of procurement, Framework Agreements and corresponding Call Off contracts.
The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a challenging, dynamic, team-based environment. You will be a dedicated member of the SPA team, adhering to procedures, focused on providing the best quality service for our Clients.
This is an office based role and the ideal candidate will be situated within commuting distance of Livingston.
What will I learn?
• General understanding of public sector procurement
• Assist in the pre-tender engagement
• Engage with Clients and Appointed Companies
• Assist in a ‘Call Off’ procurement procedures on behalf of our Clients
• Provide an advisory service to Clients in relation to our Frameworks
• Represent SPA at ‘Meet the Buyer’ events, launches, Procurement Forums/Conferences
• Monitor & Publish PCS Notices
During your Apprenticeship you will complete the MA in Procurement through work based assessment. Following completion of the MA in Procurement, SPA see this role progressing on to obtain a formal Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Qualification.
What qualification or qualities are required?
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the confidence to establish positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Good standard of accuracy with the ability to interpret information to assist decision making.
• Motivation to succeed.
• Ability to demonstrate potential to complete the MA in Procurement.
• Willingness to learn.
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
• Previous experience in a workplace environment
• Good level of education with passes in National 5 English and Maths
IT Skills, including Excel spreadsheets and Word documents
Apply by clicking below.