Job Type: Apprenticeship
What you need to know: Closes 26/01/2020
Right now we're looking for a Digital Technician to join our team in Edinburgh. You will be working on a variety of infrastructure projects which could include highway, railway, bridge, maritime, energy or water schemes. Your role will be varied but primarily focused on Building Information Modelling (BIM)/ 3D parametric modelling. It is also anticipated to include visualisations, processing of digital survey information, 3D printing, data analytics and coding.
From your first day you'll join a community of experts including developers, data scientists, and user experience designers where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards an accredited qualification. Digital is a growing part of our business, and we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about shaping the future of design in the built environment.
What will I learn?
You will also be involved in the development of new design and analysis tools and cloud enabled digital services for clients. You will assist in automating and optimising our existing design workflows.
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
What qualification or qualities are required?
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
· 2/ National 5 qualifications (grade C or above) including English and Science
· 2/National 5 level
· A minimum of three Higher qualifications at grade C or above, with one being in Maths or Physics
· Confident working with numbers
· Interest in data analysis, data engineering and data management (Data Analyst)
· Interest, and basic competency in programming / scripting (software developer).
· Have an analytical thought process, understanding of statistical analysis and mathematical modelling techniques
· Interest in relational and/or non-relational database design and implementation, object orientated programming and of source control would be desirable.
· Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
· The ability to produce neat and accurate technical drawings
· Interest in using computers for design work, calculations and testing
· The ability to organise your own work and always be on time
· Good communication skills
· The ability to work as part of a team
· Lots of enthusiasm for this learning and development opportunity
Apply by clicking below.