Job Type: Apprenticeship
What you need to know: Closes 29/06/21
John Bean Technologies Corporation (JBT) is a leading global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food processing industry. We design, manufacture, test and service technologically sophisticated systems and products for customers within the food manufacturing industry throughout the world.
Why our Apprentice Electrical Program
Our Apprentice Electrical program has been designed so that the successful applicant will complete a modern apprenticeship. You will work alongside time served employee’s learning key skills on the manufacturing shop floor machine line and, develop electrical drawing skills with experienced electricians and electrical engineers.
As an Apprentice Electrician, you will attend West Lothian College to complete the required SVQ in Electrical Installation SCQF at Level 7 qualification and can follow on with an HNC.
Due to the nature of where the college is located and where our site is located in Livingston, you will ideally have your own transport or use of public transport when commuting when term starts.
What will I learn?While at College
• Attend college on the days and times associated with the qualification and agreed by tutors and managers
• Complete the required work associated with SVQ assessments and Portfolios in a timely manner. (If there are any difficulties meeting required deadlines this should be raised with your tutors and manager).
Typical duties while at Work include:
• Read and understand engineering drawings, wiring and circuit diagrams
• Install electrical services (e.g. wiring systems, lighting, sockets, fire alarms, emergency lighting & heating controls)
• Install the systems needed for wiring and cables such as brackets and containment lay, pull and string cables
• Inspect and test electrical installations
• Diagnose and rectify faults on a range of circuits and equipment
• Use small hand tools such as hammers and saws
• Operate electrical tools such as grinders
What qualification or qualities are required?
• A-C Scottish National 5 min grade C, or Scottish intermediate, which include English/Maths and Science and two other subjects.
• Strong IT skills when using a variety of Microsoft Packages
• A desire to want a long-term career as an Electrician
• Good communication skills to ultimately liaise with colleagues and tutors
• An interest/understanding of technologies and engineering
There will be a mix of training at college and in-house training and continual professional development as part of the program.
1st Stage Recruitment Process
Please apply by sending us your CV along with a covering letter telling us why you believe you’re the right person to join our Apprenticeship program. If you haven’t already sat and passed the SECTT entrance assessment you should apply at www.sectt.org.uk, and sit at the earliest time.
2nd Stage Recruitment Process
After the closing date we will review all applications, selecting those who will progress forward to the 2nd stage which is an Aptitude & Situational Judgement Test.
3rd Stage Recruitment Process
At this stage we will have selected the final candidates for interview. The interview will take place at our Livingston site and involve the hiring managers.
If you have any questions relating to the Apprenticeship program, please contact Samantha Boslem, HR Business Partner at email@example.com
Apply by clicking below.