Job Type: Apprenticeship
What you need to know: Full Time
With a fleet of 185,000 units throughout Europe, Algeco remains the leading supplier of modular space. Around the world, our group is the leading global business services provider focused on modular space, secure portable storage solutions, and remote workforce accommodation management.
In total, we now have operations in 18 countries across Europe and 4 countries in the rest of the world. The company operates as Target Logistics in North America, Algeco in Europe, Elliott in the United Kingdom, Ausco in Australia, Portacom in New Zealand, and Algeco Chengdong in China. Elliott operates a network of around 40 depot locations where accommodation and storage units are prepared for rental or sale and are refurbished as required. The company’s legacy is grounded in its reputation for exceptional customer service, effective management of business operations and consistent product innovation. Algeco Scotsman’s global presence combined with its local market expertise provides exemplary service tailored to meet the unique needs of customers throughout the world. Elliott are the market leader in terms of scale and through their 20:20 Strategic Vision have a plan to transform themselves into the market leader in terms of safety, service, and relationship management. Elliott operates a network of around 45 branches and depots locations where accommodation and storage units are prepared for rental or sale and are refurbished as required.
To provide an administrative service to the sales team to ensure that appointments for any leads are booked in and associated paper work completed.
Reporting to the Internal Sales Manager.
• Manage Area Sales Manager's (ASM) diaries through outlook, ensuring geographical territories are adhered to & enough meeting/travel time is allocated.
• To book appointments from the data provided from ASM’s site visits.
• To book appointments from any internal leads that sit in the ASM’s areas.
• Quotations/Email confirmations to customers on behalf of ASM’s.
• Proactively chase down quotes with the aim of 2nd visit for ASM’s to close orders.
• To close down open enquires where appropriate with valid out comes.
• To move appointments if required in a professional manner.
• Liaise information where needed (act as a bridge).
• To answer incoming sales enquiries, during busy periods, fact find & complete enquiry form for Internal Sales Executives and send to sales inbox.
• Convert orders on system from the ASM’s completed paper work.
Key factors for success (short-term, mid-term and long-term)
Success in 6 months will include:
• Clear understanding of the procedures, with basic product knowledge and having the ability to react quickly and efficiently to general admin requirements.
Success in 1 year will include:
• Fully competent with the job, also having the ability to assist the sales people with preparing information onto slides to go into a Powerpoint presentations for meetings.
Success in 3 years will include:
• Developed within the role, sufficient to go to the next level within the business.
Job experience & skills requirements
• Ability to work in a logical, methodical and organised manner
• Good telephone manner and communication skills
• Eye for attention to detail
• Fairly analytical
• Good administrative skills with knowledge of Microsoft packages and Outlook
• Show a willingness to learn and apply the knowledge gained within the workplace
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a range of people
• Capable of working on their own initiative
• Honest, punctual and reliable
• A hard working individual who has a proactive approach to their work, with good attention to detail
• Ideally have an interest in sales Qualifications Required
• Be on target to receive or have already gained a number of GCSE’s at grade C or above (English, Maths and Sciences essential).
• You must be eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable.
Apply by clicking below.