Job Type: Apprenticeship
What you need to know: Closes 29/03/2023
George Watson’s College exists to provide a world-class education for children and young people from Preschool to S6. We encourage our pupils to develop a love of real learning through an inspiring curriculum and extensive and inclusive enrichment programmes.
We challenge and support our pupils to discover their own potential. We nurture the knowledge, skills and confidence they will need to become engaged and successful citizens and make their own unique contribution to the world. We are proud of our heritage and passionate about our plans for the future, including our commitment to making George Watson’s College a truly environmentally sustainable school.
• Salary £14,000 per annum
• The opportunity to work in an educational environment where
learning is at the heart of what we do
• Be fully supported in your Apprenticeship and further training if
• We are a Living Wage accredited employer
What will I learn?
• Provide Audio Visual and IT support to the staff and pupils at George Watson’s College. This support takes various forms, e.g. providing support for sound, lighting and video production for major school events, drama department or music productions, arranging support for internal/remote meetings, preparing videos for promotion of events for parents and the wider Watson’s community.
• Provide first line maintenance and technical support of AV facilities in all classrooms, teaching and event spaces
• Work alongside the AV Manager and Senior AV Engineer to ensure that suitable technical support is provided for all school events and external lets
• Assist in the installation of AV and IT hardware, e.g. Promethean interactive panels, display screens/ digital signage, sound and lighting systems, projectors, WiFi access points and CCTV often with limited timescales
• Provide support and training on the use of AV equipment and audio, video and display software.
• Assist in the development and production of recorded and live products which can be used to promote the school
• Any other duties as required by the IT manager or AV Manager
What qualification or qualities are required?
• High level of communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• High degree of problem-solving skills
• Ability to work across Mac OS and Windows platforms
High level of communication skills both verbal and written
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
High degree of problem-solving skills
Ability to work across Mac OS and Windows platforms
Salary £14,000 per annum
Monday - Friday, 8.45am until 5.00pm
The opportunity to work in an educational environment where learning is at the heart of what we do
Be fully supported in your Apprenticeship and further training if desired
We are a Living Wage accredited employer