Job Type: Apprenticeship
What you need to know: Full Time
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice IT Technician to provide technical support to their expanding client network. This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring IT professional to join an employer who has demonstrated a strong commitment to investing in Apprentices.
· Full-Time; Based in Livingston
· Monday – Friday
· Starting Salary; £12,000 - £14,000 DOE
As an Apprentice IT Technician, you will play a key role in ensuring the smooth running of our client’s IT support service while maintaining exceptional customer service.
You will be fully supported by your colleagues to become proficient in the following roles and responsibilities:
· Providing support for the technologies, including Office365;
· Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
· Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
· Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues;
· Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
· Replacing parts as required;
As well as entering full-time employment with a forward-thinking and growing company, you will be fully supported through a Modern Apprenticeship in IT Infrastructure & Support.
This is a training programme designed to build your IT knowledge and skills while allowing you to gain industry and vendor certified qualifications. It is a 12 month programme in which you will work towards an SCQF 6 Diploma in IT whilst also studying towards Microsoft Technology Associate certifications.
As this is an Apprenticeship role, we are seeking candidates who can demonstrate a passion for IT and a hunger to learn and succeed.
The following skills and qualities are essential:
· Good customer service skills (you will be talking to clients)
· A willingness to learn
· The ability to explain technical issues to non -technical users
· The ability to prioritise and manage tasks
· Analysis and problem solving skills
· A full driving licence or working towards one
Education: A-Level or equivalent (Preferred)
Apply by clicking below.